We have been contacted by many people through our social media accounts who are not sure how to write a resignation letter so here is our guide:
- Your letter must be polite and of course formal. Never mention anything negative about the company, organisation or your former colleagues.
- Your resignation letter will probably be kept on your employee file so remember that when you are writing your letter.
- Don’t forget to thank the company for the opportunity
- Give notice period and work until your last day.
- You don’t have to give any reason however if you feel like you must then keep it professional.
Dear Mr/Ms Last Name,
I write to notify you of my resignation from the position of NAME OF ROLE for the NAME OF COMPANY, effective DATE.
The ??? years with the company have been positive and I am very grateful for all the opportunities that you have provided for me to learn, develop and improve my skills.
Rest assured, my commitment to the business remains and you have my full support. If I can be of any help during this transition, please let me know.
Your Phone Number